Home Inspection Services
A home inspection is a critical component of the home buying process. In fact, a quality home inspection can save buyers valuable time and money as they make one of the most important purchases in their lives. That’s why every inspection completed by Above Grade Milwaukee is performed in accordance with the State of Wisconsin Standards of Practice for Wisconsin Licensed Home Inspectors.
A thorough home inspection will uncover issues with a home’s components and systems—including those issues not visible to the untrained eye—including roofing, insulation, plumbing, electrical wiring and structural features.
As part of the inspection process, the following will be observed, operated, evaluated and photographed:
- Exterior wall surfaces, doors, windows and the related flashings and trim.
- Garage door and any safety devices.
- Decks, porches, stoops, balconies, steps and railings.
- Grading, drainage, driveway and walkway.
- Foundation including any columns, beams and piers supporting the structure.
- Flooring system.
- Roof, drainage or gutter system, flashings, skylights, chimney/s and any other roof penetrations, including vents.
- Plumbing system, including the hot water heater.
- Electrical system, including GFCI circuits.
- Interior of the home, including walls, ceilings, floors, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, cabinets, counter tops and sinks.
- Attic and related insulation and venting.
- Radon testing is available for an additional charge.
Following the inspection, all of the information gathered on these items—including detailed photographs—is put into an easy-to-read report, typically delivered within 24 hours of inspection completion.